Sunday, February 20, 2011

Six on Sunday: Blogging Rules

The first of the series begins with rules. MY blogging rules. If you ever suspect I've made an infraction on any or all, please notify the local authority... aka my softy husband.

1.  Personal devotion time must be completed.
If I'm not getting my Daily Bread, then how can I post the very convicting thoughts that God presses upon me?

2. In order to even sign onto blogger, our house must be clean. 
That's right, if you don't see me here often, it's 'cause our house is terribly messy. Or my OCD has kicked in again. You'll have to ask my husband which it really is. Poor guy was in for a little bit of shock after the honeymoon.

The BeAUTifUl flowers my husband surprised me with on V-Day.
 I told you he spoils me.
3. This is a journal, not a commitment.
Yeah, yeah, it's great to have 300 followers. And to write eloquently. Even post some pretty amazing photos. But in reality, this is just a place to record my thoughts and memories as a young wife. These days will never happen again and this is a place to look back and see the amazing work that God has done, and will continue to do in our lives. The day I start feeling a responsibility to blog, only because I haven't posted in a few weeks (or months) will be the day this blog shuts down. As God gives me time, I will talk of His unending mercies.

4.  Absolutely no complaining. 
 Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.


5. Relationships come first. 
Time with the husband... sisters.... my new baby nephew(coming soon, to a sister near me!).... or family.... these all get first priority over the ramblings of this blog. 

6. Whatever is true, noble, right, & pure...
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

1 comment:

  1. Execellent pointers and tips. It is refreshing to find “new” ideas to implement as a blogger.
    http://proresult.in/

    ReplyDelete